Sunday, March 17, 2013

Own Argument and Opinions


For our fifth and final part of the final project, we were asked for our own argument and opinions on the reasoning of the law, rule of the law, and if we thought it was fair or not.

Trademark law consists of the legal rules by which businesses protect the names, logos, and other commercial signifiers used to identify their products and services.”(Patent, Copyright, and Trademark. Page 379)

I personally feel that we as people require laws. Every certain law is in place for a reason. To protect people from physical, emotional, and finical harm. Without these laws and rules in effect, the world would not be what it is today. I am thankful for all these trademark, patent, and copyright laws, because my future as a music producer and performer drastically depends on this protection.

Trademark infringement is the unauthorized use of a trademark or service mark on competing or related goods and services.”(Patent, Copyright, and Trademark. Pate 446)

For example. If I spent three or so hundred dollars trademarking my logo and name “Bionix”, and then spent years producing music and touring for free to gain a fan base of 100,000+ people. So that I could come out with an album and sell it on ITunes or Beatport, now that I have the fan base to do so, but I have some other person or company out there using the same name and logo to sell their music. It would consequently, steel my fans and money. Now with the knowledge of trademark infringement, I could take this person to court and sue them for all the profit that they had made off using my name and logo, and recover my fans back.

No comments:

Post a Comment